Every one should believe in donating blood at-least once every year. Building a habit in your family to regularly give blood is a beautiful act. Donate blood, save lives.
Who is a donor?
- A healthy, fit donor who is not suffering from any transmittable diseases
- Between 18 to 60 years age, having a minimum weight of 45 to 50Kg
- Hemoglobin level should be 12.5% (minimum)
- It is possible to donate blood again in 3 months’ time.
- Donor’s pulse rate should be between 50 – 100mm without any irregularities
- BP diastolic and systolic range should be normal
- Donor’s body temperature should be normal
Non eligibilities are as follows:
- A person suffering from cardiac arrest, hypertension, kidney alignments, epilepsy or diabetics cannot donate blood
- Ladies who have suffered a bad miscarriage should avoid donating blood for at least the next 6 months
- If a person has recently been treated for malaria he should not donate blood
- If donor undergone any immunization within the past one-two months
- If donor has consumed alcohol within the last 24 hours it is advisable not to donate blood
- Wait for one month if the potential donor had recent major dental procedure
- And of course, If you are HIV+, you are not fit to donate blood