Meet the ambitious Sana Khanijo, studying in G. D Goenka World School. She aspires to be a doctor in the future. Her favourite quote is:
Believing in the value of hard work and its ability to make the impossible possible
Here, she lists out a few achievements,
1. Founder of a social service organization, Lakshh.
Lakshh is an organization founded by a group of 6 students that aims to work towards the upliftment of the underprivileged by acting as a bridge between the benefactors and the ones in need.
In the first year, Lakshh has put up stalls in Diwali and Christmas fairs held at high profile societies and other such locations to collect basic necessities such as clothes, toiletries, medicines etc. and provided them to children inhabiting at small unrecognized orphanages as well as to the old-aged on the streets of Delhi.
For more information please visit our website: http://lakshh.org
2. Beginner’s level diploma in Spanish by Inlingua, New Delhi.
3. 3 years diploma in Sitar by Pracheen Kala Kendra.
4. Student Council- Head Girl of the school (2013-2014), CAS (Creativity, service, action program) Secretary (2012-2013)
5. Best student of the year award (2012-2014)
6. Director of the Interact club (Young adults Rotary Club)
As a part of the Club I was involved in putting up 8 Polio drop camps in Gurgaon to provide the local children of Gurgaon with polio drops and therefore, contributing towards a ‘Polio free India’
7. Silver Batch Holder- IAYP (International award for young people)
8. Volunteer for a better India program by Art of living, New Delhi-
I was instrumental in organizing a ‘walk for water’ in my school.
Additionally organizing a campaign to spread awareness about girl power by showing presentations and teaching girls at village schools karate techniques that would allow them to defend themselves.
9. During the Breast cancer month (October 2013)- I initiated and organized a Breast cancer campaign in school to spread the causes and precautions of breast cancer amongst the workers such as maids in school.
10. I have volunteered as a teacher at the CRPF (CENTRAL RESERVE POLICE FORCE), Gurgaon for 1 month. My role was to provide young children of the policemen with extra academic help and to teach them how to communicate in English.
11. Part of the Editorial board for the school year book and monthly school magazine.
12. Part of an economics quiz hosted by CNBC that was aired on Television in 2011.