Coronary Heart Disease: 7 Major Factors
Coronary Heart Disease risks
Coronary heart disease risks are habits or conditions, which increases the risk of heart attack. These risk factors might also worsen the health condition of an individual.
Coronary artery disease, also termed as CHD in medical terms is the condition where the plaque, which is waxy a substance covers the internal lining of the coronary arteries. The primary functions of the coronary arteries, is to supply oxidized blood to the muscles of the heart.
After consulting some of the best cardiologists in Delhi and NCR, we found that there are numerous risk factors of CHD. Some of the main factors which lead to CHD are: Tri-glyceride levels and increased blood cholesterol levels.
The factors which might be responsible for this include:
- Increased blood pressure levels
- Pred betes and Diabetes
- Obesity and High LDL levels in blood
- Excessive smoking
- Insufficient physical mobilization
- Careless and Unbalanced food habits
- Anxiety and stress
But according to one of the top cardiologists in Faridabad, all of the above stated risks can be controlled; however, some factors like heredity, gender and age cannot be controlled. One of the best cardiologists in Delhi goes further, saying that inspite of the embedded genetic patterns, one can still keep it checked if they monitor their diet and lifestyle.
The precautions that one can take, in order to reduce the risk factors of CHD are:
- Taking a balanced diet, with low saturated fat content.
- Taking diet which contains more roughage and fiber and which has less starch.
- Avoiding smoking and excessive drinking
- Regular exercise
- And finally, staying happy, and balanced
List of Best Cardiothoracic Surgeons in India
image source: medindia.net