PCOD Diet Tips
The treatment of Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) entails an all-inclusive plan that incorporates diet, exercise, meditation and weight loss. An exercise and meditation schedule without a conducive diet plan is of little or no use. A planned PCOD diet chart, complemented with meditation and exercise has proved to yield extremely positive results. A top Gynecologist in Mumbai shares her view on simple changes in diet plan,
One of the best diet routines to follow is to cut down on simple sugars and replace simple carbohydrates with complex ones.
PCOD Diet Considerations
A healthy diet plan plays a great role in enhancing the physical well-being of a person suffering from PCOD. The following considerations should be kept in mind while charting out a PCOD diet plan.
- Limit the intake of sugar.
- Limit the intake of carbohydrates.
- Include a lot of fruit juices.
- Include nuts, legumes, green vegetables and fresh fruits.
- Oats and wheat are a healthier replacement to rice.
- Include food with more fiber.
- Incorporate a lot of whole grains; jowar, bajra in the diet.
- Limit the intake of saturated fats.
- Increase the intake of protein-rich foods.
- Include a lot of whole grain – whole wheat pasta, barley and corn.
- Eat and drink foodstuffs made of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Fresh fish, meat and protein shakes are a good option.
Importance of Vitamins
The following vitamins play a vital role in tackling PCOD. Typically, increasing the intake of foods rich in the following vitamins is advised during PCOD diet.
- Vitamin B5 – Helps in losing weight as it controls the metabolism of fat
- Vitamin B6 – Is conducive to maintaining a hormonal balance
- Vitamin B2, B3, B5 and B6 all aid in keeping the weight in check
In the treatment for PCOD, weight loss and a healthy diet go hand-in-hand.
It is thus advisable to plan a healthy and nutritious diet schedule that limits the intake of calories, fat, junk and unhealthy food. However, it is best to engage a medical professional who are trained to advise on nutrition. This will help in charting out a plan of action that keeps individualistic needs and characteristics in mind.
Join the PCOD & PCOS Support Group on Facebook and be a part of a platform where hundreds of women sharing their experiences and doubts.
Credihealth is a medical assistance company that gives guidance to a patient from the first consultation through the entire hospitalization process. A team of in-house Credihealth doctors helps the patient find the right doctor, book appointment, request cost estimate for procedures and manage admission & discharge processes.
Share your comments and queries below and we will be happy to guide you through.