How to get Healthy Beautiful Skin?
What is Healthy Beautiful Skin?
A healthy beautiful skin is the one which has normal PH balance and is neither too oily nor too dry. It is smooth and soft to touch; has an even skin tone; and is free of skin problems such as blemishes, blackheads, acne, wrinkles and visible pores.
Healthy skin is important because it is the layer which forms the outermost covering of our body and protects us from germs that can harm our internal organs. If it gets damaged, we become prone to sickness and the germs can attack our muscles and bones.
Is sleep essential for healthy skin?
Sleep is essential for healthy beautiful skin because it rejuvenates the skin by restoring the natural skin balance and also adds to the efficiency of certain skin care ingredients in the process of healing. Lack of sleep makes the skin look dull and dehydrated.
Does sugar cause ageing of skin?
Yes, sugar causes ageing of skin. Our skin contains collagen, a connective tissue, which is responsible for its suppleness, and youthful appearance. When the sugar in our body clings to this collagen in our skin, through a process called glycation, an inflammation is caused which in turn becomes a source of inflammation by itself. This produces enzymes that are responsible for breaking down and cross linking of collagen, making our skin stiff, dull and dry.
What is the effect of exercises on skin?
Exercising can keep the skin healthy as increased blood flow to the skin results in an increased neuronal stimulation that promotes the function of the sweat glands. Sweating in turn eliminates toxins that block pores and cause pimples and blemishes. Also, when we exercise, the skin produces more natural oils that moisturize it and keep the skin supple and healthy.
What diet should I follow for healthy beautiful skin?
Healthy diet is the most important key to healthy skin. Everything that we eat is responsible for making us who we are. So a balanced diet rich in proteins and minerals can do wonders for a healthy supple and glowing skin. Certain types of food that provide healthy skin are:
- Low-fat dairy products – vitamin A is an essential component of healthy skin and low-fat dairy products are one of the best providers of this vitamin.
- Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and plums – these are rich in antioxidants that protect the cells from damage and disintegration making the skin look young.
- Salmon, Walnuts, Canola Oil, and Flax Seed – these provide us with essential fatty acids that keep our skin healthy by helping the cells retain moisture.
- Healthy Oils – healthy oils are not only are a source of fatty acids but more; they keep the skin hydrated and healthy.
- Whole-wheat bread, muffins, and cereals; Turkey, Tuna and Brazil nuts – these foods contain the mineral selenium that promotes skin health. This mineral also prevents excessive skin damage due to sun rays.
Are facials effective?
Facials are a method to deep cleanse the skin by removing dirt and dead tissues and hydrate skin to make it look fresh and radiant. The constant massage increases the blood flow to the facial veins providing a soothing effect, and making it look plump. This pampering also relaxes the person from fatigue and stress promoting mental health and satisfaction.
Facials are undoubted providers of these benefits but they are more of an indulgence than a medical treatment. Beauticians often make fake promises regarding facial results. For instance, facials cannot treat severe acne, stop the aging process or reduce pore size. The after facial effects are temporary.
Are makeup and cosmetic products bad for skin?
Cosmetics, which include every personal product one uses on their body, are an integral part of our lives. They range from shampoo to toothpaste to makeup; and are supposed to keep us clean, and protect our body apart from making us look good. By definition they should be good for our skin, but because there are no laws that keep a check on all these products, there are cosmetics which are bad for skin and can become a cause for chronic health diseases. With no government regulation, unwanted ‘bad’ chemicals are put in products to make them appear better.
What is the effect of different seasons on skin?
Different seasons affect the skin differently:
- Summer – The sun can prove to be both a boon and curse. Humid and warm air can be pleasant for a while but overexposure to the sun in this season can lead to serious problems like sunburns, or minor ones such as fine lines, wrinkles, and skin pigmentation. The skin is also more prone to dryness or overproduction of skin oils.
- Rainy – During this season the skin can become water logged making it easier for the skin to be damaged. Also wet shoes and socks cause sores and blisters on the foot.
- Winter – cold and dry air strip off the skin of its moisture making it extremely dry and flaky, it can even cause windburns when the skin is bereft of its natural oils that protect it from getting exposed to UV rays of the sun.
What should be a daily regimen for healthy skin?
The daily skin care regimen includes three tasks:
- Cleansing – It is important to keep the skin clean by following a skin care routine. Find a cleanser that works best on your skin type. It is also necessary to clean regularly but over cleansing dehydrates the skin and needs to be avoided. It is not required to use a cleanser at night, a makeup remover to gently clean the eye area and then washing the face with water is enough. To follow up the cleansing process, a toner may be used if preferred.
- Moisturizing – Dry skin necessitates the use of a moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and soft.
- Applying sun screen – It is essential to evade skin damage due to the sun. This can be done by using a sunscreen of SPF 30 from early on and on all days.
Is sun protection important for skin?
Sun protection is important because the Ultra Violet radiations from the sun are responsible for causing skin cancer. It is necessary to wear a sunscreen throughout the year irrespective of rainy or cloudy days to avoid potential damage. Apart from this, the sun rays also cause wrinkles and skin ageing.
Any other tips?
To keep the skin healthy it is important to eat right and manage stress; this improves the inner health which will then reflect on the outer body. It is necessary to follow a daily skin care routine and stay clean by using skin friendly products only. Natural products do not always have a positive effect on skin, they may cause allergies too.
It is therefore necessary to choose skin care products wisely; they must be right for one and should be free of harsh chemicals. It is also required to keep the skin safe from sun rays and avoid any damage. Habits such as smoking cause skin damage, so they must be avoided.
Credihealth is India’s No.1 Medical Assistance company. Credihealth gives guidance to a patient from the first consultation through the entire hospitalization process. A team of in-house doctors and medical experts help the patient find the right doctor, book appointment, request cost estimate for procedures and manage admission & discharge processes.
Share your comments and queries below and we will be happy to guide you through.