Dr. Amish Vora elaborates on the need for Breast Cancer Screening
Watch Dr. Amish Vora, Senior Consultant, Medical Oncology, Max Hospital Saket, speaking about the PINK OCTOBER & explaining the need of Breast Cancer Screening, early diagnosis of Breast Cancer and best treatment outcome with treatment at Early stage. Citing an impressive example of her MOTHER’S INITIATIVE, he encourages all women to be proactive for Breast Cancer Screening.
Did you know?
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women all over the world, with an estimated 1.67 million new cancer cases diagnosed in 2012 (25% of all cancers). In India, more than 1 lakh women are diagnosed with Breast Cancer every year & out of every 2 diagnosed cases of Breast Cancer, one is dying. Though breast cancer is more common in females, but males are also at risk of developing breast cancer.
Breast cancer is a disease in which cancer cells form in the breast tissue. The early signs of breast cancer are –
- A lump or a thickening in or near the breast – In most cases the lump is not painful
- A lump or thickening in underarm area
- A change in size or shape of breast
- A dimple or puckering in skin of the breast
- Inward pulling of nipple
- Fluid, other than breast milk, especially if it is bloody
- Altered skin colour or texture of breast, nipple, areola
- Dimpling of skin of breast – like a skin of Orange